Thursday, November 26, 2009

A November to Remember

So, a lot has happened since my last blog.

Zach has officially left for boot camp as of Sunday, and to say that I'm crashing and burning is an uber understatement. At least when Mindy leaves for school we can call and text and chat. I don't even get that. I guess the thing I wonder about the most is this: I wonder if he's been thinking about me as much as I have of him. I try to keep busy during the day, to keep my mind off of things and nothing seems to help. This year has went so fast and for some reason I have this scary feeling that the next two months are going to drag by. I remember having that with Joel. He'd leave and it would take foreverrrrr for him to get back here...at least it seemed so. I hated it then and I hate it even more now. I know he's not off having fun or checking out other girls, but not having Zach around sucks. I should probably get used to it, since the entire next four years will consist of almost no Zach compared to what our relationship has been like thus far. I guess the easy way out would be to break up and start dating some guy from school, but I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. Funny how that works, isn't it? I guess I shouldn't complain since it's day 5 of 61 already, but it might as well be day 1 again with how slow it has went. I hate sitting around and waiting...but honestly there's nothing else I can do. At least I know he's safe and not overseas. I'm proud of him and I'm glad he's doing this...I shouldn't complain so much. I guess I've just been spoiled in our relationship with seeing him all of the time. So maybe if we can get through the next few months to a year, that will say a lot about where we are. I hope so at least.

Hope things are better on your end. Mine will be soon....when January 22nd gets here!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I dont have much... or any experience with the military. My grandfather was a sailor but by the time I was born he was retired lol.

    The first few weeks are the hardest! I can tell you that. The days just seem to drag on, but eventually the time does pass faster. Just try to keep busy. What helped me a lot was writing a letter every night. They dont get much time to write but they get mail call every night. And letters help them get through the day!

    Think of it this way, we're at home wondering if they miss us but they're out there in a completely different world with people they dont know. Of course they miss us! So dont worry! Also write down things you want to say for the next time he calls that way you'll say everything you want to in the short time span you two get.

    It gets easier! Hang in there! =)

    ReplyDelete