Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall 2009



October 2nd, 2009


Hey everyone! I just wanted to update you on the happenings in my life at the moment! I'm super excited about the change in weather-I love fall! I've been ready for cooler weather for awhile now. I could do without the rain, but taking the bad with the good is how it goes, I suppose.


Between college and work, I've been very busy! I'm pulling A's at the moment, so a lot of time I have, I spend it doing homework. I'm still working at the Valero in West Unity, usually about 4 nights a week (which is plenty with my school schedule). In between there, I've been finding time to spend with Zach. He leaves for Air Force boot camp November 24th, so I want to spend as much time with him as I can before he leaves.


Not much else has been going on. Our friend Johnny that is in the Marine Corp, left for boot camp a few weeks ago and we just received his first letter the other day. He absolutely loves it and it was great getting to hear from him.


I've really been enjoying school, but I'm sad that summer is over. I like having the time off, but mainly I miss the time we had with our friends before they left. Having so many people I know go into the military is definitely an adjustment, but so far I think I'm doing pretty well. I've also been busy helping plan wedding stuff for my sister. I'm in the process of making bridal shower invitations and sending those out. I haven't had to do much so far, which is great because I'm so busy.


I had my first paintballing experience about two weeks ago. That was interesting. It was pretty fun, but was difficult to gauge where I was shooting, since we went night paintballing. I'm pretty sure my lack of paintballing experience didn't help either. Overall, we had a fun time and Zach is planning on taking me during the day sometime so I can see what paintballing is usually like.


Anywho, I hope everything is well with everyone else, and you'll be hearing from me again soon! J


Love always,


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment